Mountain View Door Closer, Key & Lock Service, Inc.
Providing excellent service in the Bay Area for 60 years!
Services & Products
In the Shop
- Rekeys: bring in your locks and save on the service call!
Call for pricing
- Make keys for locks with lost keys
- Lock repair (residential grade, commercial grade, mortise,
cylindrical, antique, automotive, safe locks)
- Safe lock service, Combo changes
- Automotive lock rekeys
- Knife and scissors sharpening (no serrated knives)
- Office furniture / file cabinet keys by code (large orders can
be faxed in ahead of time)
- Safe openings
- Door closer repair
- Patio Door Lock repair / many parts in stock
Specialized in stocking all types of key blanks!
- House keys
- Car keys
- Boat keys
- Special equipment keys
- Clock keys
- Antique or “Skeleton” keys
- Classic car keys
- High security keys
- High security car keys
- Transponder keys
- Office keys
- Office furniture keys
- Safe deposit keys
- Steel keys
“Do Not Duplicate” key policy
We will not copy unless you bring in an authorization letter on letterhead. High security keys have additional restrictions – call for more information.
Many jobs can be done same day, and some jobs will need to be left for a longer period of time.
CALL FIRST for an estimate on how long you can expect your job to take – tell our staff about anytime deadlines you have and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Retail sale items
- Key rings, key chains, accessories
- Most common styles and finishes of residential and
commercial grade locksets in stock (Schlage, Kwikset,
Weslock, Weiser, Baldwin, Sargent, Marks
- Most less – common styles and finishes of locks available within 1 – 3 days
- We have a large stock of parts available
– bring in your broken parts and we will help you replace them.
- Lock Lubricants – Graphite, Tri-flow
- Padlocks – all sizes, keyed and combination (pre-set, and resettable), keyed alike, keyed to your
house or office key
- Door Closers – most common models in stock
(Norton, LCN, Jackson)
- Genie, Liftmaster, Overhead Door, Wayne Dalton, Martin Door – Transmitters (Remotes) and parts for sale in shop
- Garage door springs – If you bring in your broken spring, we
will sell you the proper replacement. You may need to leave
it with us over night.
- Chain and Cable fluid and Lubriplate in stock
- Key switch locks, Vault releases, T-handle locks in stock
- Some technical support available
- We stock safes of various fire and burglary ratings from Inkas, Amsec, Gardall, Adesco, and Original.
- Some limited stock of used safes for sale
- Delivery, Maintenance and Installation services offered by our staff (NOT subcontracted!)
In the Field
All of our technicians are licensed locksmiths through the State of California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. We have a drug-free workplace policy in effect, including drug testing of employees. We respect the privacy of all of our customers, and are we are always discreet.
- Commercial and Residential Lock
- Rekeys (Definition: We take apart your locks and change the
inside so that the old keys will no longer work, and new keys
- Locks repaired, replaced
- Lockouts (Automotive, Home, Office)
- Extensive Master Key Systems – Call or email for consultation
- High Security Locks (Primus, Sargent Signature, Best,
Corbin/Russwin, Medeco, Assa, Kaba)
- Antique and contemporary mortise lock repairs, Baldwin
mortise lock repairs
- Anderson and other French door repairs/service
- Door Closer installation and repair (Norton, LCN, Jackson,
Dorma, Kawneer, Rixson and others)
- Weather seal installation
- Door adjustments
- Exit Device/Panic Hardware repairs (Von-Duprin, Adams-Rite,
Dorma, Kawneer, Sargent, Yale and others)
- Electrified hardware installation (Certified to drill raceway in
fire rated doors – see certifications
- Electrified locks, electrified strikes, electrified hinges installed,
- ADA automatic door openers installed and repaired
- Fire door service and repairs
- Drop down fire door testing, service, repairs
- Safe openings (see certifications)
- Safe maintenance and service
- Safe moves (Capability of up to 10,000 lb. – NEVER
- GSA inspections and PMIs (see certifications)
- Rolling gate operator installations and repairs
- Commercial roll-up doors, curtain doors – serviced,
repaired and replaced
- Loop detectors installed, repaired, replaced
Safe Buying Guide:
Any purchase which will help protect your valuable belongings over the long term is a great investment.
Locks and Safes such as those found at our shop and showroom are no exception and are among the best available in this category.
Safes are a specialty item and and its best to purchase from a reputable and knowledgeable dealer who can answer all your questions and guide you to the best product for your individual needs.
Construction, Ratings and Levels of Protection are all key factors.